Day 27/260: Read Acts 3
The birth, life, and death of Jesus were foretold by the prophets of the Old Testament. Hundreds of years before He appeared in the flesh, they said He would appear. They not only prophesied about Him, but also His church. Peter says, “Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days.”
Here are just a few of the prophecies fulfilled in Christ:
- Jesus’ lineage (Genesis 26:1-5; 28:13-14; 49:10; Isaiah 11:1-10)
- Born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14) in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2)
- Worked miracles (Isaiah 35:5-6) and taught in parables (Psalms 78:1-4)
- The betrayal (Psalm 41:9; Zechariah 11:12-13)
- The crucifixion and surrounding events (Isaiah 50:6; 53; Psalm 109:24-25; 34:20; Zechariah 12:10; Amos 8:9)
- The resurrection (Psalm 16:8-11; 68:18; 110:1)
- The church (Isaiah 2; Daniel 2; Joel 2)
These were not educated guesses; these were Spirit-inspired prophecies about the Savior of the world and His kingdom.
Memory (Copy into a notebook 5-10 times)
Acts 2:38. Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
Pray a prayer of thanksgiving for the foreknowledge of God to provide a path to salvation for His creation.